MHA’s farming clients range from family farms to large commercial enterprises which operate in both the livestock and arable sectors. We also advise a variety of suppliers to the farming sector, particularly manufacturers and suppliers of agrochemicals and plant & machinery. Additionally we act for a significant number of rural related businesses which operate alongside agriculture focusing on adding value to primary produce, property investments, leisure and tourism.
MHA’s farming clients range from family farms to large
commercial enterprises which operate in both the livestock
and arable sectors.
Our Knowledge Of The Sector Is Second To None:
- Several experts from MHA firms are members of numerous industry bodies, including: the ICAEW Specialist Interest Group for Rural Businesses, the Charter Group for Agriculture and the National Farmer’s Union, CLA and Nuffield Foundation.
- Two of the partners in Larking Gowen are the authors of the ICAEW’s book on farm accounting.
- Through MHA member firm MHA Maclntrye Hudson we regularly train other accountants in Farming and Financial Matters.
We Offer A Comprehensive Range Of Core Services To Our Clients Such As Accounts Preparation, Payroll And Taxation.
In particular we are able to offer specialist advice in the following areas:
- Property transactions
- Succession planning
- Inheritance tax and trusts
- Landed Estates
- Diversification and VAT
- Financial planning including pension and investment advice
- Assistance with grants
- Corporate finance and refinancing
- Strategic planning around business structures and competitiveness.
- Legal support expertise including probate and expert witness services.
Agriculture is one of the few sectors in the UK economy which continues to be dominated by family businesses. At MHA we understand the industry, and we believe that we act for more farmers than any other firm of accountants in the UK
David Missen – Head of Agriculture
Budget 2017 – What it Means for the Agriculture Sector
As those involved in the industry will be well aware, agriculture operates in an environment which is often quite detached from the broader economy. Looking beyond the headline grabbing initiatives...
Agricultural Insight 2017
Our Agricultural Insight is a survey of attitudes in the farming sector. We asked a sample of visitors at Cereals 2017 how they felt about various current issues. The survey follows...
Agriculture – Another Cloud on the Horizon
As we move into a new financial year it is perhaps a good time to consider the financial state of the agricultural industry in the UK. “Fragile” is a good...