MHA’s farming clients range from family farms to large commercial enterprises which operate in both the livestock and arable sectors. We also advise a variety of suppliers to the farming sector, particularly manufacturers and suppliers of agrochemicals and plant & machinery. Additionally we act for a significant number of rural related businesses which operate alongside agriculture focusing on adding value to primary produce, property investments, leisure and tourism.
Our Knowledge Of The Sector Is Second To None:
- Several experts from MHA firms are members of numerous industry bodies, including: the ICAEW Specialist Interest Group for Rural Businesses, the Charter Group for Agriculture and the National Farmer’s Union, CLA and Nuffield Foundation.
- Two of the partners in Larking Gowen are the authors of the ICAEW’s book on farm accounting.
- Through MHA member firm MHA Maclntrye Hudson we regularly train other accountants in Farming and Financial Matters.
We Offer A Comprehensive Range Of Core Services To Our Clients Such As Accounts Preparation, Payroll And Taxation.
In particular we are able to offer specialist advice in the following areas:
- Property transactions
- Succession planning
- Inheritance tax and trusts
- Landed Estates
- Diversification and VAT
- Financial planning including pension and investment advice
- Assistance with grants
- Corporate finance and refinancing
- Strategic planning around business structures and competitiveness.
- Legal support expertise including probate and expert witness services.
Agriculture is one of the few sectors in the UK economy which continues to be dominated by family businesses. At MHA we understand the industry, and we believe that we act for more farmers than any other firm of accountants in the UKDavid Missen – Head of Agriculture