MHA has proven experience in advising manufacturers, engineers and technology companies. We maintain professional contacts with an array of bodies central to the success of the sector including manufacturing organisations such as MAS, UKTI and the Local Enterprise Partnerships as well as institutes, universities, banks and allied sector specialists. Our aim is always to help our clients to increase profitability through improving business processes, growth, diversification into new subsectors and international expansion.
The sector is now confronted with a number of issues, which we at MHA take seriously. Each year we produce a national Manufacturing & Engineering report to lobby and influence at a national level, to help our clients and the sector in general to deal with issues such as the skills shortage, complex tax legislation and red tape in general. Click here to view our Manufacturing publications.
Our Manufacturing Group covers England, Scotland and Wales, meaning that each MHA member firm is able to offer sector specific advice from a national knowledge base including advising on opportunities such as Research & Development Tax Credits, Patent Box and Capital Allowances and by signposting grant and other funding opportunities.
While we have experience across the manufacturing sector, we have particular expertise in advising:
- Aerospace industries.
- Motorsport engineers.
- Precision engineers.
- Hi tech manufacture and assembly businesses.
- Automotive sector businesses.
- Refrigeration design, manufacture and installation specialists.
- Cleantech – turbine and photovoltaic companies.
- Major plant engineering companies.
Our Work Focuses On A Mixture Of Compliance, Business Advisory And Commercial Projects Offering Our Clients Help In Areas Such As:
- Compliance: audit compliance, accounting and financial reporting. Our audits reassure stakeholders and identify risk.
- Taxation: particularly around international tax, employment issues, R&D Tax Credits, Patent Box, Capital Allowances and tax mitigation.
- Business planning and support.
- Accessing public and private funding.
- Maximising the efficiency of your supply chain: reducing costs and improving margins.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: We have advised on many engineering transactions, including a number of cleantech investments.
- Due diligence ahead of funding and grant applications
- Risk management: We advise on both governance issues in order to best attract investment and on minimising fraud and corruption risk.
Recent Thought Leadership
To view all of our recent thought leadership, please click here.