MHA member firms are able to advise Architects, Auctioneers, Barristers Chambers, Estate Agents and Property Managers, Solicitors and Surveyors.
The Professional Practices teams have extensive experience and expertise and a proven track record in working with some of the region’s most prominent firms.
We have particular expertise in advising legal firms – there has never been a more challenging era for law firms to be operating in, and yet one with so many opportunities to flourish. With alternative business structures shaping the legal sector, forward-thinking firms are developing business plans and strategies aimed at securing their future success in the more competitive marketplace. Financial stability in law firms is still an on-going issue, with firms needing to keep tight control over cash flow alongside other financial controls to help improve profit. Changes to legal aid funding has reduced income to firms operating in matrimonial and criminal law. The changes to the personal injury compensation system has also hit profits in this sector.
Each year we benchmark legal practices against each other and produce a report based on the findings. Using our annual MHA Benchmarking Report, we can help law firms to understand the importance of developing a sound financial framework in which to operate, thereby increasing profits and reducing risk
Our Specialist Accounting, Business Advisory And Tax Services For Professional Practices Include:
- Preparation and audit of statutory financial statements ensuring compliance with Solicitor Accounts Rules.
- Accountancy and technical support.
- Internal audit reviews and reporting, including governance best practice.
- Personal tax services – specifically directed at partners and partnerships.
- LLP conversions.
- Strategic planning and management consultancy – to help you build a more profitable and efficient firm.
- Merger integration – streamline the process, create harmony and win support.
- Financial training and development.
Recent Thought Leadership
To view all of our recent thought leadership, please click here.